As the experts say: Never heat a baby’s milk in a microwave! Well why then, would we heat any of our food in one?
We do not recommend using microwave ovens to heat your food, especially My Bone Broth. The microwave oven causes hot spots within the food that also destroys enzymes, kill’s the nutrients you just paid good money for, giving you nothing of value. When the enzymes are destroyed it makes your food lifeless and more difficult to digest. See more from Dr. Mercola on this subject: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx#!
We suggest you simply warm in a pan and sip away like a cup of tea or coffee! And of course, ENJOY!
Another favorite simple recipe in our household is to use broth in a simple, fresh pasta dish. We especially like this in the summer when fresh herbs and vegetables are in abundance. Check out the steps below, whip some up and tell us what you used to make a lovely round dish.
Summer Time Broth Pasta
- Begin to cook the pasta according to the box directions. – My favorite is Bonta’ d’ Italia gluten-free pasta!
- Warm our Bernadette’s or Liquid Gold Chicken Broth in pan. At this point you may want to add boneless cubed chicken (if uncooked let simmer for at least 20 to 30 minutes to cook through ), or cubed pre-cooked beef.
- Add fresh diced veggies of choice. We are fans of zucchini and yellow squash. Simmer veggies to consistency of products how you like (less simmer time for crunchy veggies, or longer for soft veggies).
- Pour broth, meat and veggies over pasta.
- If you like cheese, grate some of our favorite Romano over the top and then with kitchen scissors cut fresh parsley to top off. YUM YUM YUM
This really is my favorite Summer Time dish to get Bone Broth into my girls in the heat of the summer!